"The business contacts and friends I have made through FWA are
too numerous to count! This organization is a key to developing strong financial
business relationships throughout the Bay Area."
- Leslie H. Miller, ACN Securities, Inc.
We'd love to have you as a member. Make sure you meet our membership
requirements before applying. Questions? See the right side of the page for membership contacts of the FWA group nearest you.
Benefits of Membership
From networking with peers to hearing top-quality speakers discussing timely
topics, FWA membership offers a host of benefits to members. Among them:
- Access to today's financial leaders and innovators: Monthly luncheons allow
you to network with colleagues and meet with guest speakers of such stature as
Janet Yellen, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco; Cathie
Lesjak, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Hewlett-Packard;
and Deborah Alvarez-Rodriguez, Chief Executive Officer of Goodwill Industries.
In addition, we offer timely industry leadership series events such as a
regulatory panel to discuss issues in financial regulation, featuring
representatives from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the California
Department of Financial Institutions, and the Office of the Comptroller of the
- Interaction and networking opportunities with other accomplished women in
San Francisco, Silicon Valley and the East Bay
- Professional Development workshops to hone skills such as negotiating,
communication and public presentation
- Career resources, community connections and job postings for achieving
professional and personal goals
- Rewarding opportunities to contribute to the profession and develop valuable
- Special member-only events and member rates at FWA programs
- Quarterly newsletter featuring timely articles, member profiles and
- Access to our Members-Only section of this site
- Committee opportunities: Create deeper relationships, develop new skill sets
and further the good works of FWA
- Special offers from some of our partners
- Having fun and making new friends
Who We Are
We attract executive and managerial-level women whose expertise ranges from
investment management and analysis to accounting, banking, marketing,
communications, corporate treasury, financial underwriting, and estate and
personal financial planning. Our ranks include CEOs, CFOs, corporate treasurers,
CPAs and attorneys, as well as commercial and private bankers, investment
advisors, fund managers, securities analysts, administrators, consultants,
recruiters among others.
Whether you're a senior financial executive, a seasoned manager or only a few
years into your climb through the ranks of a finance-focused career, FWA has
something for you.